6 quick ideas on what to do in the Stampeding rain, and a few reviews of The Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth…
Rain Rain Go Away (and Don’t Come Back During Stampede Again, Evar)!
With some planning ahead, and a map of the grounds, there is a way to keep your western duds dry.
Admission for all activities below (apart from the rodeo), is included with Stampede admission!
1. The Stampede’s signature rodeo is always a go — rain or shine — and there are tickets available for covered seats.
2. International Pavilion – Big Four Building – Aiming to show Calgary’s diversity featuring an international street market, cuisine from around the world, and cultural community stage with shows four times a day showcasing music and dance.
3. Peking Acrobats One of the premiere Chinese acrobatic companies in the world today, The Peking Acrobats are a troupe of China's most gifted tumblers, contortionists and gymnasts.
4. BMO Centre - where 200 retailers are peddling their products and the Calgary Co-op Kitchen is running culinary demos and competitions.
5. Bell Adrenaline Ranch Hold onto your seats! Watch world-record-setting gold medalist riders defy gravity and reach new heights as they compete in extreme motosports.
6. Agriculture Showcase & Competitions – Experience a combination of demonstrations, hands-on experiences and interaction with animals, agriculture and western events. Be engaged and enlightened in unique experiences for all ages.
3 Glowing Reviews of the Stampede in the last week…
J.T. says: It's my favorite event! I've been attending Stampede since I was a toddler and I never tire of the sights, sounds and experiences to be had. From exciting rides on the midway, new and different foods to try, the Agri Centre, Indian Village and so much more that I haven't listed there's something unusual, interesting, educational or exciting around every corner. I particularly love the Grandstand Evening show with musical and dance performances by the Young Canadians, topped with fireworks.
R.P. says: YeeHaw! Or is it yaaaahhoooo!! I dunno, but stampede is always a fun time here in Calgary! Make sure to check out the family weekend where it's free to access the grounds or look for discounted tickets online. The grandstand show is neat, but if you're just looking for the fireworks then don't spend your money and instead, just walk up the nearby hill and watch from there.
L.D. says: This is the greatest outdoor show on earth! There is something for everyone! The grandstand show is great, the Coca Cola stage amazing! Peking Acrobats Also amazing!
Would you ever miss a year of the Calgary Stampede?